Tuesday, May 12, 2009

first real day - say hello to the crazies

after a full day of psych orientation and 2.5 hours of driving on monday...i arrived on the inpatient psych ward at a pleasant 9:30 am and learned that:

1) patients apparently love me...i've already gotten two "i love you." granted one was a hispanic manic (like the rhyme?), with heavy makeup and a winter jacket from the 80s and insisted that I looked like her sister (maybe I got too much of a tan...); the other was a schizophrenic who had a fro with a pink beret and toilet paper stuffed in her ears
2) the sound of "dr. chi" is pretty pleasant, yet so far away and def. frightening to have that responsibility.  i also love that my first "dr. chi" in the hospital came from my attending
3) free banana splits are tasty

and beyond:
3) my sports med doc told me that my MRI showed a strained PCL and thinks that physical therapy would be good.  lucky for me, i have such a flexible schedule (sarcasm...psych isn't THAT easy)
4) i watch WAY too much tv at home, but it feels so good...

1 comment:

  1. BANANA SPLITS??..wtf dude. ain't none of that going on here.

    ReplyDelete